How to get a copy of your accident report
Massachusetts makes it easy to get a copy of your accident report. Click the button below to be brought to the state funded site where you can get everything you need on your computer or you can download the Massachusetts Accident Report Request Form and follow the directions on the botton of the single page document.
If you need a copy of the accident report otherwise known as the “crash report” you will need to download the Request for Motor Vehicle Records form (DSMV 505 form). You can download the form by clicking the button above.
Once you fill out the form you can mail it or bring it in person to:
NH Dept. of Safety
DMV-FR / Accidents
23 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03305
The minimum fee for this report is $5. The cost per page is $1. If you are mailing the form you will need to include a check for $5. The DMV will contact you if your costs exceed that amount so you should include a number and email.
Instructions for filling out the form:
- Box I – Select “Your Motor Vehicle Record
- Box II – List your full name, mailing address (where the record will be sent) and a number you can be reached at
- Box III – Accident Report
- Box v – The minimum information required to complete your request:
- Date of Birth
- Driver License/Non-Driver Identification Number
- Date of Accident:
- Location of Accident: City/Town
- Registration / Plate Number
- Box VI – Fill out the Certification box then sign and date the form